What's New in Cub Pack Records Database V10.07
- Challenge Award certificates could be printed from the Bages Awarded button on the ribbon. They can now be printed from the Reports section as well.
- The Badge Certificate has been updated to reflect the new Scouts SA terminology.
- The headings on the Interest Chart now show correctly in the 64 bit version of the software.
- The indemnity form has been improved so that the data appears in a more consistent manner.
What's New in Cub Pack Records Database V10.06
- A new monthly report styled for the new Cub Programme is
What's New in Cub Pack Records Database V10.05
- The new (2014) Cub Programme is supported.
- Cub Advancement details may be kept for Cubs on the old
programme or the new programme. A flag on the Cub Record window
determines whether the Cub is on the new or old programme.
What's New in Cub Pack Records Database V10.04
- An activity Summary report is provided which adds up the number of activity types attended. This is useful for summing the total number of nights a Cub has camped.
- The Consent Form is modified to make space for a longer ID number.
- The Consent Form can now be generated to include the parent details from the primary contact.
- The Age stats report has been reformatted.
- New more flexible email setup options are provided. This allows the smtp.gmail.com SMTP server amongst others to be used from most networks.
What's New in Cub Pack Records Database V10.03
- Navigation buttons have been added to all configuration windows.
- The Birthday report has been upgraded to include an age checker which will state how old a Cub is for an event or any entered date.
- A new Six List for the Pack is available.
- The CSV file for Cubs has a few new fields.
- The Badges Not Awarded report sorts by badge (rather than the Cub surname and first name).
- It has always been possible to view a report, print to a pdf file or a printer. Now it is possible to email the report (or reports).
- A flag is added to the Cub personal details record to indicate whether the Parent is an adult Cub leader or not. This may be of use for those Groups where subscription fees are waived for the offspring of adult Cub leaders. The 'Telephone numbers only' report reflects this information.
- Information about Cubers/Adult Leaders/Helpers/Parent Helpers can be added to the database and reported on.
- The way in which the Cub Attendance register works has been
changed slightly. Bear in mind that the 'History' database is for those Cubs who have left the Pack but whose data is still in the database for historical purposes.
The 'Live' database is for those Cubs who are part of the current Pack.
(i) Cubs may be 'Registered' to attend an activity in addition to the previously existing 'Excused' and 'Attended' flags.
(ii) Cubs attendance records can be deleted for those Cubs who were recorded as being part of the 'Live' Pack but had actually left. In previous versions of the Cub Pack Records Database, non deletetion of these records would have impacted negatively on the attendance percentage.
(iii) Cub attendance records can be 'Add'ed for those Cubs who were recorded as being part of 'History' but had actually not left the Pack. An attendance record cannot be added for a Cub who left the Pack before the date of the activity!
(iv) A Cub who is still part of the 'Live' Pack may not have an
attendance record deleted. Send the Cub to 'History' first and then the record can be deleted.
(v) All old attendance records reflect Cubs who have left the Pack.
(vi) A Cub who is in History and who does not have the 'Date of Joining' information set, will have this field set to the date of the first activity
he/she attended, only when this version of the package is run
for the very first time.
(vii) A Cub who is in History and who does not have the 'Date Left Pack' information set, will have this field set to the date of the
last activity he/she attended, only when this version of the
package is run for the very first time.
It is important that the 'Date of Joining' and 'Date Left Pack' are recorded correctly. The Attendance register makes use of these dates.
- The Attendance register contains a field to mark a Cub as "Registered" to attend an activity (See 3 above). This allows Contact details (and Indemnity forms for the South African Cub programme) to be reported on/printed for only those Cubs who are expected to attend an activity.
- By default, every time the package is run a local backup file is
created in the same folder as your live database. This backup file has been renamed from CubDatxxx_yyyyMMdd_hhmmss.accdb to Prefix_yyyyMMdd_hhmmss_Backup.accdb where
xxx - The version number of the package running
yyyy - The year in which the backup was made
MM - The month in which the backup was made
yyyy - The year in which the backup was made
dd - The day on which the backup was made
hh - The hour in which the backup was made
mm - The minutes in which the backup was made
ss - The seconds in which the backup was made
The creation of the backup file may be turned off by going to Options on the ribbon. You will only see the .accdb suffix to the file name if you have set up Windows Explorer appropriately. It is most likely, you will not see the file suffix.
A typical backup file might be "CubDat102_20130411_124100_Backup"
Only the last 10 backups are kept. This backup is in addition to the backup you must keep on a flash disk, Dropbox, another computer, etc.
- Previously, Cubs who have earned a badge but not yet presented/awarded with it, could be viewed on the screen. These details can now be printed by using the 'Badges Not Awarded' report.
- The 'Reason for Leaving' report has been changed to include the date a Cub Joined, was invested and left the Pack. The report is renamed to 'Joined, Invested, Left' on the 'Print Cubs Report' window.
- A 'Cubs Photograph' report is available which will print the names of all the Cubs along with the relevant photograph. This is useful for Cubs and Cubers to get to know who the Cubs are. A report can be printed per Six and might be useful to be placed in the Six Corner.
- Badge and Advancement certificates may be printed with the Pack name as defined in the personal record of a Cub, as opposed to the default one defined under Tools, Options. This could be useful if printing badge certificates for Cubs from different Packs is required (at say a Provincial/County/Zone badge
- A list of Cubs who are three months short of leaving the Pack because of age can be generated. This list can
be viewed either automatically on startup or by clicking on the 'Cubs Leaving Soon' icon on the ribbon. The age at which Cubs leave may be set under Tools, Options. Under the SA Cub Programme this is 18 but is different for Australia and New Zealand but can be set accordingly.
- An Advancement By Level report has been added.
What's New in Cub Pack Records Database V10.02
There was no V10.02.
What's New in Cub Pack Records Database V10.01
- The format of the CSV output file has been modified. This file can be used to import data into a different package.
It includes the dates on which all Advancement tests are passed.
- A new Indemnity form recently published by the SCOUTS SA National office is included.