Good Scouting begins at HOME...
- Preparing for life begins at HOME.
- Learning to live lightly on the earth starts at HOME
- HOME is the place where we can most easily make earth-caring
changes to our behavious
- HOME is the place where we show others what we really do about
- There is no point in talking one message to others and living another
If we do not learn to care AT HOME
then we do not learn to care AT ALL!
We all have a home and it can be treated like a tiny model of our world.
Home-caring takes 'know how', skills and the will to work. Earth-caring
demands the same abilities for the same reasons. We all share the Earth
together. We find happiness as we share our 'EARTH HOME' with love
and concern for our friends and neighbours. A Scout is a friend to all.
- It is the place where we first learn to live together and love each
- We will not want to hurt each other by damaging the tiny 'home world'
we share together.
- We will want to keep our homes clean and safe for each other.
- We care for our homes and work to keep them as nice as we can.
Being a friend starts at HOME.
CARING FOR THE WORLD
BEGINS AT HOME!
Part 1: The Clean, Safe Home